- If you are, or ever have been, a writing instructor at a college, university, public school or through any continuing education program, then send me your work! No previous publication experience necessary. I am looking for work in the following categories:
- Flash Fiction, any theme or genre except erotica, extremely violent pieces or those laden with profanity. Under 1,ooo words
- Short Fiction, any theme or genre, 1,000-5,000 words, ditto on the exceptions
- Poetry, any theme or genre (note exceptions above)–up to 100 lines
- Creative non-fiction–up to 2,000 words (same exceptions as those above)
- Write Your Own–writing or poetry inspired by your own writing prompts that you have used successfully in class–up to 2,000 words (prose), 100 lines (poetry). Include 50-250 word prompt and/or explanation of prompt.
- Submissions for the Fall/Winter 2018 issue will open on May 1, 2018, and will close on August 1.
- Submit previously unpublished works, single-spaced, as doc, docx or in rtf to the following e-mail–email@example.com
- In the subject line of your submission e-mail write the word “submission” your name, category of piece and title (Example: submission_Winkler_flash fiction_What a Life!)
- REQUIRED! Include in your e-mail a 50-100 word third-person bio explaining your experience as a writing teacher.
- I will acquire first time and archival rights. Copyright remains with the author.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please let me know if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- This is a one-woman show, and I’m just starting out, so I can’t pay much, but I believe writers should be paid for their work, so I’m offering a token payment of $10 for short stories, $5 for all other categories, upon publication, payable via PayPal.
- If you have questions, please use the following contact form: